Michigan No-Fault Car Accident Attorney
Injured in a Car Accident?
Under Michigan Law, there are many remedies that you are entitled to if injured in an Auto Accident. If you have been involved in an auto accident you are entitled to benefits under Michigan Law called Personal Injury Protection Benefits (AKA “PIP Benefits”)
Some PIP Benefits that you may be entitled to are:
- Replacement Services: Up to $20/day for household chores
- Attendant Care Services: Compensation for services provided to an auto accident victim who needs assistance with personal care.
- Lost Wages: If you are unable to work because of your auto accident you may be entitled to up to 85% of your lost wages.
- Medical Mileage: Covering travel to and from your appointments related to your auto accident.
Who Will Pay My No-Fault Injury Benefits?
Given the strict time limitations on First-Party injury cases, it is imperative to identify and notify the responsible insurance company outlined under Michigan’s No-Fault Statute-MCL 500.3114:
Driver or Passenger Order of Priority:
- First priority – No-fault insurer of injured occupant
- Second priority – No-fault insurer of injured occupant’s spouse
- Third priority – No-fault insurer of resident relative of injured occupant (i.e. parent, sibling)
- Fourth-priority – No-fault insurer of owner or registrant of the vehicle occupied at the time of the accident
- Fifth priority – No-fault insurer of the operator of the vehicle occupied at the time of the accident
- Sixth Priority – Michigan Assigned Claims Facility
Statute of Limitations:
There are strict time limitations to file your First-Party injury case. Under MCL 500.3145, any First Party lawsuit to collect no-fault benefits has to be filed no later than one year after the date of the accident.
If were involved in a personal injury matters including Auto Accidents, Car, Truck, Bicycle, Motorcycle, Pedestrian No Fault Cases, Slip and Falls, and Dog Bite cases, call a Michigan Personal Injury Lawyer with The Law Offices of Mohamad H Bazzi PLLC. We offer a free consultation when you complete our contact form or call us at 313-887-8800.